News Flash

City of Minot News Flash

Posted on: June 17, 2020

Dryer fire damages home in southwest Minot

A clothes dryer fire damaged a home in southwest Minot Tuesday morning.

Crews from the Minot Fire Department responded to 412 8th Ave SW at 10:55 a.m. for reports of smoke coming from the home’s basement. All occupants of the home had safely evacuated the home when fire crews arrived on scene.

Firefighters made their way into the basement and extinguished the fire, and then ventilated the structure and checked the home for any other flames. Fire investigators determined the dryer to be the cause of the fire. Firefighters remained on the scene until 4 p.m. when the home was turned over to the owners.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in City of Minot News Flash