Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
A downtown Minot business suffered limited damage Thursday morning from a fire on the roof of the structure.
At approximately 6:40 a.m. Thursday, a resident reported a fire on the roof of Central Avenue Variety at 15 East Central Avenue. The resident, who lives in the Minot Artspace Lofts on Main Street, noticed the fire from her apartment window. Fire units were on scene within two minutes of being dispatched, which resulted in minimal damage to the business.
“The fire was spotted and reported early,” said Stuart Hammer, a fire investigator with the Minot Fire Department. “That action, along with the rapid response of fire crews, made for a positive outcome.”
The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.