News Flash

Home

Posted on: January 21, 2020

Carbon monoxide incident sends 2 to hospital

A carbon monoxide incident in a northwest Minot home on Sunday resulted in two people being transported to the hospital.

After arriving on the scene, Minot Fire Department personnel found two adult occupants of the home unconscious and breathing. The occupants were rushed to Trinity Hospital, and then flown to a Minneapolis facility for treatment.

The source of the carbon monoxide buildup is believed to be a faulty heating appliance in the home’s basement.

“The Minot Fire Department recommends all residents have carbon monoxide detectors on every level of their home,” said Assistant Fire Chief Lonnie Sather. “Carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless, so installing these detectors is the only way to monitor it. If you do have a detector and it sounds an alarm, evacuate the building immediately and call the fire department.”

Carbon monoxide is formed by the incomplete combustion of fuel. The Centers for Disease Control estimates that 430 people die from carbon monoxide poisoning each year in the United States.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Home

Minot will appeal FEMA floodplain maps

Posted on: February 20, 2020

Minot plans its first bicycle lanes

Posted on: February 20, 2020

City upgrading ERP software systems

Posted on: February 11, 2020

'One voice, one mission, one Minot'

Posted on: February 7, 2020

'I've always enjoyed my job'

Posted on: January 29, 2020

Recycling moves forward - with a survey

Posted on: January 23, 2020

New Flood Insurance Rate Maps released

Posted on: January 23, 2020

Council ponders City Hall sites

Posted on: January 9, 2020

PD introduces major technology upgrades

Posted on: December 4, 2019

'If you have a dream, do it'

Posted on: October 1, 2019