2022 TESTING DATES
- April 7th- April 8th
- August 11th- August 12th
- December 1st- December 2nd
2023 TESTING DATESFebruary 16th - February 17th
May 4th - May 5th
August 10th - August 11th
November 30th - December 1st
Applications are accepted year round.
***CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE!***
Qualified applicants will be notified in, a timely manner, of the time and location of the required tests.
In addition, applicants must meet 1 of the 4 following requirements:
1) 60 or more accredited college credits
2) Possess a current North Dakota Peace Officer License
3) Completion of a state certified Law Enforcement Skills program
4) Certification of 4 years of full time US Military Service to include
All applications must include all applicable paperwork to include (but not limited to): a cover letter, resume, official copies of college transcripts, and credentials to include licenses and certificates.
Applicants must complete the written police exam, complete a job related physical agility and fitness test, oral interviews, background investigation, personality assessment and post-offer medical exam.
Necessary Special Requirements
Possession of a valid North Dakota driver’s license. Must be able to possess a North Dakota Peace Officer’s License within one year.
2 Day Testing Process
For testing information and preparation material contact Brittany in the Human Resource Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 701-857-4156.
1) Physical Test- Montana Physical Abilities Test (MPAT) - Pass/Fail
***MPAT Physical Agility Guide***
2) Written Test- IPMA-HR, POA Cognitive Series- 70% Required to Pass
***Click Here for study guide information!***
*Candidates must pass each phase to continue in application process
Civil Service Oral Interview Board
1.) Police Officer Selection Oral Interview Panel
2.) Minot Police Department Administrative Second Round Hiring Interview