Police Explorer Post
MINOT REGIONAL EXPLORER CLUB #8472
Sponsored by the Minot Police Department and Ward County Sheriff Department, post 9472 has been actively growing since 2012. The Explorer Post is part of the Boy Scouts of America Northern Lights Council, Tomahawk District, under the Learning for Life Division.
Law Enforcement Exploring is a hands-on program open to young men and women who have completed the 6th grade through 21 years old, interested in a career in law enforcement or a related field in the criminal justice system.The program offers young adults a personal awareness of the criminal justice system through training, practical experiences, competition and other activities. Additionally, the program promotes personal growth through character development, respect for the rule of law, physical fitness, good citizenship and patriotism.
Exploring provides exciting activities and one-on-one mentor-ship for youth looking to discover their future. Whether you’re a local organization looking to strengthen the community or a young person wanting to uncover the possibilities of your future, Exploring is a great place to start.
“To develop and deliver engaging, research based academic, character, leadership and career focused programs aligned to state and national standards that guide and enable all students to achieve their full potential.”
MEMBERSHIP & FEES
- $35 annual fee
- Membership is open to both male and female students.
- Must be 13 years old and in the seventh grade through the age of 21.
- Maintain (at minimum) a 2.0 GPA in school
- Must be willing to learn and work hard
- NOT ON PROBATION/PAROLE
- NO FELONY OR MISDEMEANOR CONVICTIONS
- Career oriented training, practical experiences and competitions
- Personal growth through development of interpersonal skills, leadership opportunities and teamwork
- Community service and networking activities
- Preparation for career related college degree programs and other advanced education opportunities.
EXPLORERS WILL DEVELOP
- Knowledge about the mission and purpose of law enforcement
- Experience about law enforcement operations through training, practical experience, competitions and other activities
- Teamwork and leadership skills
Regularly scheduled meetings are held on the second and fourth Sunday of each month at the Minot Police Department from 7 PM to 9 PM. Other meetings and activities are planned throughout the school year and take place at different facilities around the city.
MEETING TOPICS INCLUDE
- Traffic Stops
- Felony Traffic Stops
- Crash Investigation
- Crisis Negotiations
- Domestic Disputes
- Crime Scene Investigation
- White Collar Crimes
- Interview and Interrogation
- Emergency Field First Aide
- Room Clearing
- Use of Force
- ND State Fair Parade
- National Night Out
- Walk to Prevent Suicide
- MSU Homecoming Parade
- Battle of the Badges
- Stuff a Squad
- Boo at the Zoo
- KX Sports Show
SR. PATROL OFFICER
515 2ND AVE SW
MINOT, ND 58701
PO BOX 5006
MINOT, ND 58702