The Traffic Engineering Division of the City Engineering Department is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the City's traffic signals, signs, pavement markings and street lights. In addition, this division is responsible for enforcing construction signing requirements on public right of way and intersection view obstruction ordinances. Federal-aid street projects are coordinated through the Traffic Engineer and the City Engineer.

The City has established policies and requirements for the installation of most types of signs, and a study is necessary before they can be installed. If you would like to request a study for the installation of a sign in your neighborhood, contact the Traffic Engineer at 701-857-4100. To report a damaged or missing sign, please call this number during office hours or report it to the Police Department.

If you experience any problems with traffic signals, please call The Minot Police Department dispatch center at 701-852-0111. This phone number is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The dispatch center will forward the information to the traffic division.


The links on this page will provide you with information pertaining to all of these areas. They include names and phone numbers of the people to contact if you have questions about any traffic-related topic. The pages will be updated as conditions change. The federal-aid project page will be updated weekly while during the construction season and monthly at other times.