Jason T. Olson
Chief of Police


Minot Police Department

515 2nd Ave SW
Minot, ND 58701-3739

Phone: (701) 852-0111
Fax: (701) 839-4804


Crime Information Form


Required *



Career Info

Police Officer Requirements

Police Officer Selection Process

Dispatcher Requirements


Crime Tips

The Minot Police Department would like your help in our effort to help fight and solve crime. If you or someone you know has witnessed a crime or has information regarding a crime, we want your help.

Please contact our agency at 701-852-0111
Anonymous tips can be made at 85-CRIME (852-7463)

To report an emergency, please call 9-1-1



Safe Community

Minot Area Safe Communities


Margie Zietz, Minot Police Department - (701) 857-4711


Vision for the Future:

"Safe and healthy behaviors are the community standard."


"To promote positive choices, responsible behaviors, and a healthy lifestyle within our community."


Don't Forget to Buckle Up!

Operation ABC Mobilization: America Buckles Up Children


Endorsement for Enforcement

1. We want to protect our children from the number one threat to their lives - being unrestrained in a crash.

2. We know that when adults buckle up, so do children.

3. We understand that the high-visibility enforcement model is proven effective at increasing seat belt use rates, and that seat belt use saves lives.


Other links to Traffic Safety Information:

National Highway Traffic Safety Administration

Mothers Against Drunk Driving

Recording Artists, Actors, Athletes Against Drunk Driving

Students Against Destructive Decisions


Municipal Court

Judge: Mark Rasmuson

420 3rd Ave. SW
Municipal Court hours Monday, Wednesday and Friday  8:30am
Telephone (701) 857-4759

Minot Police Records 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Telephone (701) 852-0111, Option #5

Minot Municipal Court is in session Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Mark Rasmuson is the presiding Judge. Court begins at 8:30 am and continues until all scheduled cases are heard. The Clerk of Court can be reached after Court at the Minot Police Department Records Office at (701) 852-0111, Option #5.

Municipal Court has jurisdiction over traffic cases and adult criminal charges involving class B misdemeanors. However, state law requires that some criminal charges will be transferred to District Court if a specific number of class B charges are levied within a specified period of time. Minor traffic citations involving juveniles are handled in Municipal Court. Serious traffic offenses involving juveniles and alcohol offenses will be transferred to Juvenile Court.

The first appearance in Court is for entering a plea of guilty or not guilty. If the plea is guilty, an explanation may be given to the Judge before sentence is imposed. If the plea is not guilty, a trial will be scheduled for a later date. For criminal charges, the defendant may elect either a trial before the Judge or request a jury trial in District Court. The Judge may require a bond prior to release from custody after entering a plea of not guilty. Depending on the charge, options include cash bond (credit cards - Visa and MasterCard - are accepted) or surety bond.

If you post the cash bond and you are found not guilty, the total bond will be refunded to you. If you are found guilty and a fine is imposed, the fine will be deducted from the bond and the remainder will be refunded to you. If someone other than the defendant posts the cash bond, the refund check will be made out to that person. However, fines will still be taken from the cash bond. If a surety bond is used, you will not receive a refund from either the bail bond company or court. If you fail to appear for court and a cash bond has been posted, the Judge may forfeit the bond and treat the forfeiture as a conviction.

Fines may be paid in court when the fine is levied or at the Police Records Office if the Judge has agreed to payment arrangements. Payments are taken at the Police Records Office. If you cannot make your scheduled payment, you may appear in Minot Municipal Court on any Monday at 8:30 am prior to your due date to make a payment change.

If you have been notified that you have an active warrant, please turn yourself into the Police Department at 8:00 am for subsequent appearance in Court. If the Police have any contact with you prior to your appearance in Court and a warrant is active, they are required to arrest you.

If you have any questions, please contact the Clerk of Court at (701) 852-0111, Option #5 

More Articles...